Drop down menu
No entries were found
Nelson Francisco Gómez Madero (Ciego de Ávila, Cuba, 1969). Currently lives and works in Valencia, Spain
Painter and Draftsman. Graduated in the Academy of Plastic Arts "San Alejandro" Havana, Cuba, 1991.
Specialist in Stage Painting, ICRT, Cuba, 1993.
Member of the Union of Writers and Artists of Cuba (1997).
Artist who presents a pictorial sample resulting from the fusion of diverse techniques and materials, generating a very particular projection with the predominance of oil on canvas, where the tactile and visual textures establish an immediate link with the conceptual perception of the work.
His pieces can be appreciated in various ambient projects, such as bank offices, hospitals and hotels; They are also exhibited in the galleries located in the hotel facilities of the Cayería Norte de Ciego de Ávila, and in their workshop. His works are part of private collections in countries such as: Cuba, Spain (Canary Islands), USA, Holland, Canada, Czechoslovakia, France, Mexico, Argentina, Italy (Pavia, Milano), among others.
-Drawings and painting. Gallery Municipality 10 of October. (Havana, 1984)
- "Tying Fabrics". Gallery Municipality Arroyo Naranjo. (Havana, 1986)
-Drawings. Gallery Municipality Arroyo Naranjo. (Havana, 1988)
-Painting. Gallery Municipality 10 of October. (Havana, 1989)
-Humorous drawing, Gallery adjoining the Yara cinema. Vedado (Havana, 1992)
8th International Biennial Gabrovo. (Bulgaria, 1987)
-24th Competition of the International Saloon of Cartoons (Montreal, Canada, 1990)
-9thYumiuri International Cartoon-Tokyo. (Japan, 1990)
-26th International Cartoon Festival-Knokke-Heist. (Belgium, 1987)
- Collective exhibition in matter of funds for cartoons (Cuba Visión Internacional). Hotel Habana Libre Guitar. Vedado, (Havana 1992)
-Drawing. Lobby of Hotel Habana Libre- Guitar. (Havana, 1993)
-Drawing (Caricature) International Salon du Dessin de Presse et De Humor St-Just le Martel. (France, 1994)
-Painting. UNEAC Gallery. (Ciego de Ávila, 1996)
-Living UNEAC (Ciego de Ávila, 1999)
Provincial Hall of the UNEAC (Ciego de Ávila, 2001)
-Evento Fusion Cuba -Canadá.
- Collective exhibitions with Cuban and Canadian artists in various cities of the respective countries (2002-2003).
-Numerous collective exhibitions in different cities of the Canary Islands (2005-2007-2008-2009).
- Participation with the artist Ernesto Rancaño in the activity promoted by Silvio Rodríguez on tour of the country's prisons (2008).
- "On the winged side". Gallery "Raúl Martínez". (Ciego de Ávila, 2010).
- Itinerant Exhibition "From the end to the end and the island too". Together with Ernesto Rancaño and other artists from Havana City (January 2012).
- Collective exhibition "Women's Space". (Exposed in the Raúl Martínez Gallery (March 2012).
- Collective exhibition of Avilanian artists in Santiago de Cuba (April 2012).
-Mention. 9th Yumiuri International Cartoon-Tokyo. (Japan 1990)
-Second prize: 26th International Cartoon Festival-Knokke-Heist. (Belgium, 1987)
- UNEAC Award, Book Institute and AHS.
-Salón Nacional Raúl Martínez. (Ciego de Ávila, 1997)
- Prize in the category of best revelation artist SPACIO VIOLA, private foundation. (Milano- Italy, 1998)
-Arab Union of Cuba Award. UNEAC Room (Ciego de Ávila, 1999)
-Big prize. Provincial Hall of the UNEAC (2001).
-Event Environment (UNEAC) (Ciego de Ávila, 2001)
-Premio UNEAC Salón Raúl Martínez. (Ciego de Ávila, 2004).
-Big prize. Provincial Hall of the UNEAC (2011).
-Collateral award, ARTEX, Provincial Hall, Ciego de Ávila (2013).
|Participation Date:||Feb 17 2019|