Drop down menu
With a career of more than 35 years, this Bogota has established itself as one of the largest sculptors in the country, her presence and artistic distinction at the national and international levels have led her to conquer large squares in her country and the rest of the world.
Its beginnings were when she was just a child in the workshop of bronze sculptures of his parents, where he learned to handle different materials, casting techniques and also broadened his love and desire to create art. Already in his youth he continued with what would be his vocation, until arriving at the Guerrero Academy, where he was formed alongside great artists and also found other ways and techniques to work with different materials that would lead him to develop a unique and innovative style. which enshrined it in the international environment where places such as the United States, France, Germany, Mexico, Venezuela, Costa Rica, Panama, among others, stand out.
His works are renowned for their plasticity, delicacy and style, with themes ranging from ballerinas and tightrope walkers, to colorful circus characters. But where has all this inspiration come from to create their collections and their works? -As well as any great artist, his works are the result of emotions, memories, memories, feelings, dreams, desires and other sensations that surround a character in a fantastic world where only the connection of his mind with his heart can see and materialize something that not everyone could. With respect to their collections, they are complex worlds that contain all these materializations.
Among its latest collections are six that are a source of pride for art and the artist, these are and mean the following:
- The Dancers: They are her biggest inspiration, this due to the frustrated dream of being a ballet dancer. Liliana, through art, expresses her love, passion and admiration for this movement, which, as she mentions, is the best representation of being. The subtlety in the movements and the delicacy of each dance inspire stories, lives and dreams, it is a journey around a millenary practice that, through defined figures, steps and turns transform any space into an illuminated atmosphere.
- Magic & Joy: Collection immersed within a magical context, turned into a vehicle that guides through the unreal and that creates feelings manifested through shapes, faces and movements that express beauty and harmony while creating an extraordinary illusion that acquires life with materials that allow you to combine magic and joy. This is how the artist sees this world: “Everything around us revolves, is reborn and moves continuously, turning this transformation into the inspiration for these works full of brightness, movement, color, strength and joy, whose main message is love, illusion and happiness that they transport to a magical world, where artistic expressions gain relevance, which in one way or another evolve our realities ”, says Liliana.
- Abstract: Abstract art is one of the freest and most beautiful forms of art, which allows human beings to connect with their inner part more directly because they do not represent something that already exists. Liliana focuses on the study of shapes, colors, rhythms, spaces, dimensions and all the elements that achieve a force and balance with a figurative art since they are tied or directly attached to what is in the deepest and most exclusive of being.
- Acrobats: The History of Mankind says that man began his particular quest to dominate nature from the domain of his own body. The oldest artistic acrobatics are born thousands of years ago, developed by almost all the important civilizations of our past, such as the Greek, the Egyptian and the Oriental. In the works of the artist, acrobatics are freedom, an expression of being as a malleable subject like metal, which transforms and acquires life. The acrobats of his show are beings of light that achieve perfection in an exceptional and illusory circus environment.
- Infinite universe: The Universe is everything, absolutely everything that is known to exist and what is not known. All types, sizes, colors, textures and tastes of matter, energy, impulse, and even the intervention of physical laws make up what is the world of worlds. As well as in the universe, the artist wishes to capture an artistic whole, an infinite whole full of emotions and sensations that go beyond the perceptible.
- Adventure: This last collection has been assigned this name relatively recently. The artist, in spite of surprising the artistic world with beautiful special figurines for walls and ceilings which she decided to name as "climbers" or "climbers", did not find the way in which to distinguish a collection that was born from a dream, of those that the morning we only remember a third part of the events but that among the information in our memory we always rescue the best of that subconscious experience. It is there that Liliana discovers that what she really did in her dreams was to be an adventurous woman within mountainous and wild landscapes of which she and her fellow heroes always emerged victorious against any adversity of nature.
With all this, Liliana has taken more than 30 international awards including Stereo Florida at 2005 for design and innovation, the Innovative Design Melburne Florida at 2005, Virginia Walk for Creativity and Design at 2007, Maithand Rotary at 2008, the second place in the 37º Annual South Miami Festival. Followed by the FIA International Arts Festival in Costa Rica, being praised for its creativity and artistic quality. In addition to this, her choice as a guest artist at the Southern Biennial of Panama, where her monumental work "Enlace", is now available by the mayor's office of the city, an icon on the coastal strip, giving her work a different status and privileged that is for the enjoyment of all.
In addition to this, one of its famous dancers in bronze is today the insignia of the award for the Best of Our Country, Gacetas de Colombia, and continues to make progress in the plastic proposal for the most important art scenes in the world.
Now, with respect to the various exhibitions, galleries and exhibitions in which he has participated and more outstanding we have the following:
- Spectrum Miami: It is the most popular show of the Miami Art Week and is a five-day experience in fine arts, with Art Labs, Meet the Artist sessions and live demonstrations, music, entertainment and other special events.
- Art Basel Miami: Thanks to her work, Liliana had a great reception in the state of Florida and that is where she has participated in several exhibitions and among many this one. This show (as it is called), is held not only in Miami, it is also present in Basel and Hong Kong, places that connect collectors, galleries and artists, and are a driving force to support the role played by the galleries in promoting of the careers of artists.
- Artexpo New York: Every year, thousands of experts from the art industry flock to Artexpo New York in search of art and artists that shape trends in galleries around the world.
- Expohabitat: It is the event in Mexico City that brings together design leaders presenting trends in interior design, architecture and design. It is the place where more than 300 exhibitors present their offers to 17,000 visitors.
- Heim Und Handwerk: The Messeduo Heim + Handwerk und FOOD & LIFE LIFE is organized by the GHM Gesellschaft für Handwerksmessen mbH at the Messegelände München veranstaltet. Trade fairs attract around 125.000 visitors each year, making it one of the most successful public and trade fairs in Germany and Europe.
|Participation Date:||20 June 2019|